We’re always on the lookout for talented and caring individuals to join our team in a range of capacities. Keep an eye on this page for information and vacancies.
We’re always keen to welcome new people to our team. Any current vacancies will be listed below. Thank you for your interest.
Gymea Community Aid & Information Services (GCAIS) is located at Gymea and assists frail aged people to lead fulfilling lives by providing services funded through the Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP). We offer quality care, encouraging clients to maintain independence, while catering for their social and physical needs.
We are currently in need of Support Workers to join our team.
To be a part of this growing and reputable organisation, you will be performing the following tasks:
- Transporting clients to appointments
- Assisted Shopping
- Light Housework
- Meaningful socialisation
- Completion of documentation
Applicants will need to have most of the following to be successful:
- Certificate III in Community Care or Aged Care or equivalent experience
- Previous experience working with frail aged people, people with dementia and complex needs, preferably in a community setting
- Experience in monitoring clients and reporting behavioural or health changes
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as independently
- An understanding of WH&S issues and risk management for client home-based care and during transport of clients
- Registered Motor Vehicle and Current NSW Drivers licence
- Ability to work a casual roster – days and hours to suit
Position is subject to award conditions under the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 as Home Care Worker Grade 3.
– Kilometre allowance is included.
– Salary Packaging Opportunities and Training Provided
– Sutherland Shire Location
– Flexible working hours
– Providing care to real people with real needs
For enquiries contact Rnapolitano@gcais.org.au.
Applications are to be forwarded to Reception@gcais.org.au
Successful applicants will be subject to a National Police Check and a Working with Children Check
Volunteers are the backbone of our community and our organisation, so if you’d like to make a difference please view our list of current volunteer vacancies.
|Our Community Garden, situated next to the Gymea Community Hall is already planted and full of healthy produce. It needs ongoing care and attention to maintain its good looks. Working with a team of approximately 6-8 people, you will help with raking, weeding, trimming and general maintenance of the garden tubs. The garden club meet every Tuesday during school terms. For more information about the Garden Club go here.
To findTo find our volunteering with this group, contact Kalpna, Kpatel@gcais.org.au
The DriveTime program helps people on humanitarian visas gain confidence behind the wheel.
DriveTime is looking for passionate, bright-minded volunteers to join our program and assist newly arrived refugees obtain their NSW license-lend a helping hand and change a family’s life forever.
Contact DriveTime Project Coordinator on 0478748387 or email email@example.com
This position works alongside our Local Walking Coordinators and utilises the framework and tools of the Heart Foundation Walking organisation. Volunteers are asked to commit to a minimum of one day per week or fortnight. Our current groups walk on Thursdays and Fridays from Gymea with a Nature Walk walking in Sutherland, also on Fridays.
The Walker Organiser and Coordinators are responsible to:
- Design the walk routes and completing the walk
- Communicating about questions and support for the group
- Ensuring walkers register and agree to the participant terms and conditions
- Recording attendance and reporting to Heart Foundation Walking
- Organise the “end of walk” social activity such as morning tea/coffee/lunch
Interested volunteers should contact Joanne Cracknell, firstname.lastname@example.org, Rowena Condon email@example.com or call 0295249559 for more information.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in joining our volunteer Board.
Treasurer, Office Bearer
This position is responsible for the overview of the organisation’s fiscal compliance to reassure the Board that all financial protocols are adhered to including overview of budgets, funds investments, managing and limiting financial risks and ensuring all government tax liabilities (including but not limited to PAYG, GST, & SGC) requirements are met.
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrated strategic thinking
- Accounting qualifications preferably to Certified Practising or Chartered Accountancy level, with experience at a senior level with at least one other organisation.
- Ability and willingness to leverage business and personal connections to promote the GCAIS brand.
- The support and approval of any current employer to undertake the responsibilities of Treasurer for GCAIS
- Knowledge of Not for Profit Organisational operations and reporting requirements.
- Highly developed oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge about current issues in the community service industry preferred but not essential
- As a volunteer, willing to commit the time and interest required of this position to attend meetings (face to face wherever possible).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively participate as an integral member of the Board.
- Comply with GCAIS’s policies, procedures, code of conduct and other relevant organisational practices
- Oversee financial planning, major procurement and investment of funds for the organisation as proposed by the Board and/or General Manager.
- Overview the forecasts for future financial decisions and positions
- Advise Board on investments and loans.
- Oversee investment portfolio management.
- In conjunction with the Board and General Manager, set short-term investment policies
- Oversee the budgeting of costs and cost management done by Senior Management.
- In company with the General Manager, attend meetings with Accountant and Auditor for review and release of audit report.
- Present the audited Annual Financial Statement to the Annual General Meeting
- Understanding of accounting software and reporting
- CPA accredited
- Understanding of Accounting language and terminology
From time to time we are able to assist tertiary students with a placement in one of our services. For more information, please email email@example.com.
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer work experience to secondary school students.