Well, things are moving very fast in regards to the COVID – 19 situation. It is fair to say, we are all learning as we go and are staying close to information and instructions as shared by the Department of Health and other trusted resources. The care of our workers, clients and community members are top of mind and I wanted to share with you what we are doing here at GCAIS to help stop the spread:
- We have suspended all groups and activities until 17th April with the exception of Shopping Assistance and existing clients included in the Pet Owner’s Network. We have removed the shopping fee ($20) to 17th April 2020 for those utilising the service.
- We have reduced the number of workers present in our Centre whilst still keeping the doors open for our normal business hours being 9:30am to 4:00pm.
- We are well prepared with our systems for workers to work offsite or from home so staff can work on their projects and tasks and continue to be paid
- Our workers are all briefed on increased hygiene standards being hand sanitiser and soaps throughout the centre including toilets and offices; each office has anti bacterial surface spray which is used at regular intervals throughout the day and numbers in the centre at any one time are monitored
- Policies have been created to list expectations of those in the workplace including the need to attend a testing unit if symptoms appear
We understand this situation will impact on those feeling isolated and lonely. If you would like to receive our updates, please subscribe to our newsletter by sending an email to Reception@gcais.ngo.org.au and/or liking us on Facebook https://business.facebook.com/gymeacommunityaid/