This program is now full. We will keep you up to date with future programs as they are scheduled
The active and social program offers anybody 65 years young and over an opportunity to stay active, maintain mobility and develop friendships in the new year.
This tailored program consists of health assessments from accredited physiologists at Peak Health, supervised gym sessions once a week, 5 nutrition sessions and additional activity sessions (e.g, aqua aerobics, dancing, singing, swimming, gardening, fishing, walking, Tai Chi, Zumba, lawn bowls etc)
This program has been designed to consider individual needs and requirements, and helps those with diabetes, cardiovascular disease, osteoporosis, arthritic pain or at risk of falls.
WHEN: 28th January – 26TH June 2020 (Includes weekly activities)
WHERE: Gymea and various locations (dependent on activity)
COST: $80 (covers all assessments, gym and nutrition sessions and additional activities)
Registrations close 21st January 2020 with limited spaces available. For further information and to register:
This program is split into 2 terms of 9 weeks to coincide with the school academic terms:
Term 1 (January 27th– March 27th 2020) consists of:
- Project launch on the 28th January 2020, where you will be introduced to all the partners on the project, get an overview of the program and hear from health professionals on the benefits of keeping active and social
- Individual health assessments with Peak Health Physiologists
- Introduction to online apps- to help you track your own progress.
- Tailored gym sessions once a week for 8 weeks, under the supervision of Peak Health Physiologists to build strength and get active.
- 5 nutrition sessions delivered by Sutherland Food Services
- 4 Additional taster activities – you help us decide what you would like to do
- Mid program assessment to check how you are tracking
Term 2 (27th April – 26th June 2020) consists of:
- Tailored gym sessions once a week for 9 weeks, under the supervision of Peak health Physiologists to build strength and get active.
- Additional nutrition sessions
- Regular activity sessions
- Final program assessment
- Program graduation celebration.