For more than 50 years Gymea Community Aid and Information Service (GCAIS), has offered person-centred services and support to residents of Gymea and Sutherland Shire.
Our services celebrate inclusiveness, independence and participation in community life.
Our Gymea centre is open to everyone, and our services are tailored to a wide range of audiences including seniors, young people, families, migrants and refugees.
- Migration Advice>
- Community information resources
- Sharps disposal
- Street Library
- Photo Copy service (fees apply)
- Information and referrals
- English classes
- Driving Programs
- Homework/school tutoring
- Education and training
- Sutherland Shire Multicultural Network
- Swimming lessons
- Settlement support groups
- Youth Programs
- Refugee support group
- Technology training courses and more…….
- One-on-one social support
- Home visits
- Domestic Assistance
- Group activities and social events
- Computer courses for seniors
- Guest speakers and information sessions
- Seniors exercise
- Men’s groups
- Transport for Seniors and more………
Modest fees may apply to the above services. Subsidised assistance may be available.
We gratefully acknowledge the funding we receive from the Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP), the Department of Home Affairs, the NSW Settlement Partnership, and Sutherland Shire Council.
GCAIS is a registered charity. All donations over $2 are tax deductible.