Date(s) - Thursday 18th June 2020
9:30 am - 1:30 pm
As part of our special event walking groups, Heart Foundation Registered Walkers are invited to join the Taren Point, Shorebird Reserve to Shark Park return.
A narrow reserve adjacent to the western edge of Woolooware Bay, providing important habitat for an assemblage of migratory shorebirds Taren Point Shorebird Reserve is a narrow reserve adjacent to the western edge of Woolooware Bay, accessible from Woodlands Road or Smith Street in Taren Point. The sandy shoals adjacent to the reserve are habitat for an assemblage of migratory shorebirds known as the Taren Point Shorebird Community, an endangered ecological community. The reserve provides opportunity for walking, cycling and passive recreation while minimising impacts to, and creating awareness of, the shorebirds utilising the adjacent sandy shoals.
Your walk includes:
- A flat easy walk over 5 kms return. Approximate time is 2 hours
- Sighting the migratory Shorebirds
- Exploration of the Taren Point suburb through to Shark Park
- Well earned refreshments at a local cafe
- The walk will commence from the end of Woodlands Rd Taren Point, outside of the Woolooware Shores Retirement Village at 9:30am
- Walk is 5 kms and approximately 2 hours
- The walk is free of cost. Refreshments are to be purchased by participants
- Walks will be led by a Heart Foundation Walk Organiser
- Parking is available in Woodlands Rd
- Refreshments will be at Percy’s Cafe or Flower Power Taren Point
- Participants are reminded to bring water, sunscreen and wear comfortable walking clothing
- Dogs are not permitted on this route
Walkers should be registered with Heart Foundation Walking. To locate our groups, place 2227 in postcode and select any of the groups commencing with “Gymea”.
For further information and to register for this event , contact Joanne Cracknell, Joanne.email@example.com or call reception on 02 95249559.
All Special Walking Events: