Many people face challenges when it comes to gaining or regaining a driver’s license. Help is available through DLAP. Our program can support you on your driver license journey to:
– Get a learner license
– Gain on-road driving experience
– Progress to a provisional license
– Regain a license.
We provide assistance with:
– Helping you attend Service NSW
– Gaining the required identification and applying for a license
– Access to a computer and assistance with the Driver Knowledge Test (DKT) practice test
– English for Driving Course
– Help to Improve literacy, numeracy, and computer skills
– An exemption from the Driver Knowledge Test testing fee*
*Subject to completion of the practice testing.
Learners – Full license
– Complimentary professional lessons with a certified Driving School
– Access to roadworthy vehicles to gain hours & sit testing
– Volunteer driver mentoring and supervision to complete hours
– Debt negotiation and management
The DLAP is funded by Transport NSW.
Watch the video for an overview of DLAP.
Some community groups may have difficulty meeting the requirements to get a driver license. This impacts access to employment, education, training, health care, family, community support and cultural activities.
The DLAP assists people from refugee and migrant communities who are experiencing social and or financial disadvantage. (Income assessment may apply).
Gymea Community Aid and Information Service (GCAIS) operates DLAP in Bankstown, Blacktown, Fairfield, Greater Newcastle, Liverpool, Northern Beaches, Parramatta and Wollongong.
Funding for DLAP is provided by Transport for NSW. Find out more about this program at the Transport NSW website here.
للاستفسار والمزيد من المعلومات حول البرنامج, الرجاء الضغط على الرابط ادناه:
Currently, we are not accepting new client referrals for the Sydney region until further notice.
However, the registration link is still open for Wollongong, Newcastle and Northern Beaches.
For Wollongong: click here
For Newcastle: click here
For Northern Beaches: click here
Volunteer as a Driver Mentor
Contribute to a great program to support learners become safe, skilled, and licensed drivers. Become a volunteer mentor and help participants gain on road driving experience. Complete the volunteer application form by scanning the code below. Alternatively, contact us on email@example.com or on 0478 748 387. Find out more
For more information on the DLAP contact us at Drivetime@gcais.org.au or complete the enquiry form above.