Our office and Centre have been closed from 25th March 2020 due to the COVID 19 crisis. This does not mean our business is closed and we continue to offer our advertised services to over 65s for:
– Individual Social Support
– Assisted Shopping
– Pet Owner’s Network
Leave us a voicemail on 02 95249559 or send an email to Reception@gcais.ngo.org.au and we’ll respond to you during normal working hours of Mon-Fri 9:30am to 4:00pm
Well, things are moving very fast in regards to the COVID – 19 situation. It is fair to say, we are all learning as we go and are staying close to information and instructions as shared by the Department of Health and other trusted resources. The care of our workers, clients and community members are top of mind and I wanted to share with you what we are doing here at GCAIS to help stop the spread:
- We have suspended all groups and activities until 17th April with the exception of Shopping Assistance and existing clients included in the Pet Owner’s Network. We have removed the shopping fee ($20) to 17th April 2020 for those utilising the service.
- We have reduced the number of workers present in our Centre whilst still keeping the doors open for our normal business hours being 9:30am to 4:00pm.
- We are well prepared with our systems for workers to work offsite or from home so staff can work on their projects and tasks and continue to be paid
- Our workers are all briefed on increased hygiene standards being hand sanitiser and soaps throughout the centre including toilets and offices; each office has anti bacterial surface spray which is used at regular intervals throughout the day and numbers in the centre at any one time are monitored
- Policies have been created to list expectations of those in the workplace including the need to attend a testing unit if symptoms appear
We understand this situation will impact on those feeling isolated and lonely. If you would like to receive our updates, please subscribe to our newsletter by sending an email to Reception@gcais.ngo.org.au and/or liking us on Facebook https://business.facebook.com/gymeacommunityaid/
- Hand sanitisers, soap and paper towels are available throughout the Centre. Gloves are also available at our front desk
- Social distancing is practiced
- Groups and activities have been suspended from 18th March – 1st April due to low participation numbers and minimal available volunteers and workers
- Clients and workers displaying any symptoms as related to the virus are asked not to enter the premises and to seek medical advise
We are currently following the advice of Department of Health and governing bodies and will keep our clients and community updated if and as the situation changes. We understand this situation is challenging and impacts those feeling socially isolated and lonely. We ask that individuals take responsibility for their own health and well being and stay isolated if displaying any signs of the virus.
Alternatively, those clear of infection are welcome to come and visit us, grab a book from the Street Library and join us for a cuppa!
For more information, contact us on 02 95249559 or email Frontdesk.email@example.com
- The service is available to clients registered with MyAgedCare or who are 65 years and over
- Given the COVID 19 virus and the need for social distancing, your shopping list will be taken by the support worker to complete the order and drop it back you.
- 2 hours is allocated per client per fortnight
- Costs and fees related to this service are suspended indefinitely
- All workers and volunteers have completed a police check
We ask that Clients take responsibility for their health and avoid contact with our workers if feeling unwell and experiencing symptoms related to the virus. In this situation, we will work with you to keep personal contact minimal.
For more information and to reserve a date and time, contact Rita or Rowena on 95249559 or email Seniors@gcais.org.au
- Client concerns
- Low participant numbers
- Minimal staffing numbers
- Challenges regarding “social distancing”,
All groups and activities will cease from 18th March 2020 – 1st April 2020. Only shopping assistance and the operation of the Gymea Community Centre are exempt. Group leaders will be in contact in regards to next steps for each of the groups.
At this stage, we have NOT been instructed by the authorities to completely shutdown. Our reasons are based on what we have listed above. Further communications will be shared as advise and direction are provided to us.
We are conscious this situation will have an impact on those feeling isolated and vulnerable. As such, we have extended our assisted shopping service and doing all possible to keep our Centre open during it’s normal hours of Monday to Friday 9:30am to 4:00pm.
We ask that each visitor to the Centre take responsibility for their health and avoid entering the Centre if feeling unwell and experiencing symptoms related to the virus.
See information on our Assisted Shopping
For further information contact us on 02 95249559 or email Reception@gcais.ngo.org.au
Due to client concerns over the COVID-19 outbreak, the following group outings have been cancelled. Alternatively, we have increased our shopping assistance service to clients who are registered with MyAgedCare. Shopping assistance is a cost of $20 for 2 hours and we can assist you in doing your shopping with a carer and/or, give us your list and we’ll get it done for you!
Contact us on 95249559 or, Aged@gcais.ngo.org.au to book a time slot.
Cancelled social groups are:
– Monday Social Group: 23rd March 2020
– Multicultural Women’s Group: 17th March 2020
– Wednesday Social Group: 18th March 2020
– Tuesday Indian Social Group: 24th March 2020