We’re always on the lookout for talented and caring individuals to join our team in a range of capacities. Keep an eye on this page for information and vacancies.
We’re always keen to welcome new people to our team. Any current vacancies will be listed below. Thank you for your interest.
There are no vacancies at this time
Volunteers are the backbone of our community and our organisation, so if you’d like to make a difference please view our list of current volunteer vacancies.
Volunteer opportunities exist within the Refugee Support Group. The group is divided into 3 working groups, each focusing on a specific area of assistance.
- Practical Support: Providing homework help at Menai High School for students from refugee backgrounds.
- Raising Awareness: Generating community support and awareness through events and activities in our region, such as film screenings and stalls at local festivals.
- Visiting Villawood: Dedicated members of our group visit detainees in Villawood every 2-3 weeks to provide emotional support and assistance.
For further details, please contact Jenny, Settlement and Multicultural Services Manager on 9524 9559 or email firstname.lastname@example.orgVIEW FLYER
We have several frail aged clients who would greatly benefit from a friendly social visit. If you enjoy the company of elderly people and would like to reduce the social isolation of one of our clients, then please contact us to find out more about the benefits of Volunteering!
The DriveTime program helps people on humanitarian visas gain confidence behind the wheel.
DriveTime is looking for passionate, bright-minded volunteers to join our program and assist newly arrived refugees obtain their NSW license-lend a helping hand and change a family’s life forever.
Contact DriveTime Project Coordinator on 0478748387 or email email@example.com
This position works alongside our Local Walking Coordinators and utilises the framework and tools of the Heart Foundation Walking organisation. Volunteers are asked to commit to a minimum of one day per week or fortnight. The walks are Mondays-Fridays and days and times are negotiable.
6-8 volunteers may be required to support our groups who we expect will be at a variety of levels of fitness. Our Walker Organiser and Coordinators are responsible to:
- Design the walk routes and completing the walk
- Communicating about questions and support for the group
- Ensuring walkers register and agree to the participant terms and conditions
- Recording attendance and reporting to Heart Foundation Walking
- Organising special events from time to time for example, Walk for Heart week
- Organise the “end of walk” social activity such as morning tea/coffee/lunch
- Other duties as communicated by the Heart Foundation Walking staff
Interested volunteers should contact Joanne Cracknell, General Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org
From time to time we are able to assist tertiary students with a placement in one of our services. For more information, please email email@example.com.
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer work experience to secondary school students.